Since any given note can appear in a few different places on the fingerboard, there are different ways to group collections of notes together to form a given scale.
Articles in this section
- What is the Scales tool?
- What is a scale?
- What is an interval?
- How do I find different scales?
- What order do I play the notes in?
- Why are there different shapes for the scales?
- Is there a way to sample the sound of each scale?
- What do the labels on top of the strings mean?
- Is there a fretboard view for lefties?